Friday, July 4, 2014

Pantene Expert Collection Anti Age Conditioner


I should have known that Pantene will disappoint me again. I haven't bought anything from their brand in a decade because I find their products are just silicone-filled stuff that essentially merely coat the hair and do nothing to nourish it (and frankly their ridiculously retouched advertising campaigns piss me off). However, I'm always eager to try drugstore hair treatments and I heard great things about this one, so took the plunge, even though at 7.49 € per tube it's not exactly cheap. 


Right off the bat, the thick, balmy texture looked very promising. For some reason I think that the thicker the conditioner, the better it will work (does anyone else think that?). It smells all right and has sort of a nondescript clean scent. And what about the effect? Well, I don't like this at all. Even though I apply it generously and leave it on the hair for about 30 minutes (it's the time when all the ingredients get either absorbed or deposited on the hair), it does literary nothing to my hair apart from coat it with a thick layer of silicones that give that sort of a silky feeling. But if your hair is as coarse and dry as mine, the silicone coat won't do much as my hair needs nourishment to even have a base to be silky. From my perspective this was a waste of money. I used it a few times, but after getting the same result each time, I started avoiding it and honestly I'm using it just for shaving that's how much I don't want to use it on my hair. 

Can I just quickly say how stupid the name is. Anti age conditioner? Did my dead hair gain an ability of ageing without me knowing? Give me a break.

This is a product for those who don't need much moisture or care for their hair rather they just want their hair to be detangled and silky, so try it if your hair is like that, but those with dry hair, try something else (I have plenty drugstore recommendations on my blog).

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment