Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Product of the Week #16


I've mentioned before that though I'm not much of an eyeshadow person (UD's Naked Basic sort of changed that), I wear black eyeshadow close to the lash line to create the invisible eyeliner effect. Recently, I dug out from my stash L'Oreal's Super Liner Carbon Gloss eyeliner because I wanted a more intense line (I would use my Essence gel eyeliner but I discovered it had dried up). I do not have the steadiest hands or any proper eyeliner skills really, but even I can do a pretty decent job with this liner. I like the applicator which is a semi-soft felt tip that provides a comfortable application, but it's not super thin which means really fine lines are a bit difficult to do, but not impossible. I had Essence's Black Mania version before and that one felt clumsy and a bit scratchy, so I wasn't a fan of it. But I've had L'Oreal's Super Liner for a really long time and the applicator hasn't lost shape. It has a deep carbon black formula that has excellent pigmentation, glides smoothly and leaves no gaps during application. And it's very long lasting too. Provided I don't rub my eyes during the day, it can last all day without smudging or flaking. One thing that does bother me is the glossy finish it has, so I put some black eyeshadow over it to make it matte. It costs about 10 € in any drugstore and I will repurchase it when it runs out.

Washed out crappy picture, I know. This is before mascara, I have no eyeshadow on, only the eyeliner:

What is your favourite liquid eyeliner?
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment