Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lancôme Hypnôse Custom-Wear Volume Waterproof Mascara

I finally found a worthy contender to my favourite mascara, which is Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Black waterproof. I have very stubborn lashes that refuse to stay curled unless I use a good waterproof mascara. So far I have rarely been truly impressed by any, a notable exception being the HR one. That one ticks all the boxes, but it is so expensive. There was an offer for 20% off on all mascaras in my local drugstore and since it doesn't carry Helena Rubinstein, I opted for Lancôme Hypnôse Custom-Wear Volume waterproof mascara instead and I'm so glad I did. 


I had the regular Hypnôse years ago and I liked it, but found Dior's Iconic and Chanel's Inimitable a bit better, though I  only had regular versions of both. The design of the Hypnôse's waterproof version is the same as of the regular one's and it has the same classic brush. No fancy design, just a good old classic wand. 

The formula is on the dry side and also quite thick. It doesn't make the lashes clumpy except if I decide to really go for it (for comparison, HR keeps the lashes defined regardless of the amount of coats). It gives tons of length. Seriously, my lashes are touching my brows (I have small eyes and little lid space, but it counts). It gives a nice amount of volume, yet not quite as much as HR one, but it's more than enough for me. The lashes stay curled all day, just like with HR one and that's what is most important to me. Just for the formula, Lancôme gets my two thumbs up.
Picture of my lashes with no mascara is in this post.

Price-wise it's no cheaper than HR one. It's an eye-watering 32€ in my local drugstore, however, Feel Unique has it for a lot cheaper (25€ at the moment, while I paid the same amount with the discount). I still think HR is a bit better, but Lancôme is so much easier to get a hold off. If you're in need of a brilliant mascara that gives an almost hypnotic amount of length, holds curl all day and is easy to work with, I highly recommend it.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment