Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bourjois Shine Edition 21 Rouge Making Of

Finally. A shine lipstick I really like. Bourjois' Rouge Edition is my favourite lipstick formula and their newest Shine Edition does not disappoint either. What sets it apart from other versions of lipstick/gloss/balm hybrids is that it's actually very well pigmented, not as shiny and lasts a lot longer. Plus 21 is my favourite number and the shade is beautiful.

The texture is thick and creamy making it closest to Revlon's Lip Butters formula, yet I find it better since it's not sticky. It's very balmy and moisturising, therefore a good substitute for a lip balm. It's least glossy of the shine lipsticks I own and closest to a regular creamy finish. Staying power is great for such a product and though it won't survive a meal, it lasts several hours and doesn't wipe off that easy.

The packaging is very similar to the original Rouge Editions with the exception of a mirror imitation design. It is appropriately well made for the price and the coloured top is real handy when you have so many lip colours as me.
21 Rouge Making of is a bright tomato orange based red. It's like a more translucent and shiny cousin of Mac's Lady Danger, and exactly the shade I was looking for. Pigmentation is great for a shiny lipstick, especially compared to the other versions and it is no glorified tinted lip balm. I'm wearing the minimal amount on the left picture (one swipe on the lower lip then spread out the colour by rubbing the lips together) and I built it up for the second picture (three swipes).
Bourjois lipsticks are expensive and they retail at about 10-11€, but you get what you pay for. 

I like wearing bright, pigmented, matte reds and Bourjois Shine Edition 21 is a great compromise lipstick for me because it has a great colour pay-off, but it's not a full on colour and therefore easier to wear in public without attracting too much attention. You can wear it sheer or build it up.  

I've already done a comparison of all the shiny lipstick I own before, but I'll do an update here as well. I have so many of them: from Revlon Lip Butters (similarly thicker formula as Bourjois', but lacks it's staying power), L'Oreal and Maybelline (lovely lightweight formula, but poor staying power), Boots 17 Mirror Shine lipstick (best shine and a nice creamy formula), Catrice Ultimate Shine (great pigmentation), Isadora Jelly Kiss (rather average at everything) to Essence lipsticks (poor staying power and some shades are drying). Bourjois are my favourites, followed by Boots 17 and rounding the top three are both Maybelline's and L'Oreal's version. Out of all, Bourjois is the only one I feel comfortable paying 10€ for.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment