Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just In


I stumbled upon an offer that I couldn't let pass. Kérastase products have been on my wishlist for at least a year and since they are not the cheapest hair products in the world, I patiently waited for an offer that would finally convince me to jump the Kérastase bandwagon. And it finally landed in my inbox. I got a discount for 15% off plus a full size Elixir Ultime (125 ml) for free if I bought three products. Elixir Ultime retails for about 35€ - you have to admit that getting it for free is quite generous. Salon brands in general are much, much cheaper online than in hair salons and I buy them regularly.
I checked if the offer still stands and lookfantastic offers a free 50 ml oil and 15% off if you buy two Kérastase products and HqHair has the same offer minus the discount. Both have free shipping.
I just got the package with Kérastase products today, so I haven't tried anything yet, but there will be detailed reviews sometime in the future. 
I also had a code for 15% off and I decided to get the Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing & Preping Hair Meringue and a pair of Ardell's Demi Wispies.

I've already tried Totally Baked, however, I have difficulties with the proper amount, because the first time it made my hair too sticky and the second time I used too little. I'm not loving the scent as much as other reviewers. They say it smells like lemon squares, but to me it smells like home-made slightly over-baked doughnuts.

Ardell Demi Wispies are so beautiful, but I haven't tried them yet. They look like individual lashes on a clear strip and flare towards the outer edge.
I had a long wishlist of Kerastase products and I decided to try Bain Oleo-Relax shampoo (supposedly great for taming frizz according to reviews), Masquintense Épais (for thick hair) and Nectar Thermique (leave-in for dry hair with heat protection). All are targeted for dry hair and have really good reviews on MUA. I hope they're really as awesome as some describe it.
As I said I got the Elixir Ultime for free, this one is a limited edition packaging designed by Jade Jagger and features a lip print, both on the box and the product. I reviewed the Elixir Ultime in my hair oils series here (also here) and I still have my 50ml version, which I carry in my bag. As I said in my original review, it's too light for my hair as a treatment not to mention too expensive, but I did get it for free. I love using it as a quick and light defrizzer, because it doesn't weight the hair down at all due to it's lightness. It's become a part of my morning routine. I just adore the scent of it and in my book scent is one of the most important things in a product (am I the only one?). It's one of the best product scents ever, a high-end floral-coconut scent and I wish they made a fragrance with such a scent.  
Have you tried any Kérastase product? I'm interested in what's your opinion on them. Please share in the comments. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment