Monday, January 28, 2013

January Favourites


If you read my post about concealers then you know how much I love Maybelline's Instant Anti-Age the Eraser Eye. It's my favourite under-eye concealer. I have one in the shade Light and now I bought a lighter one called Fair. It's great for brightening under the eye and highlighting/brightening the high points of the face.


I'm still sporting red lips this month, I just love this look on me. I've worn MUA lipstick in the shade 13 almost every day in January. I didn't think much of it immediately when I got it, but it became one of my favourite lipsticks. Surprisingly, I have no dupes of such red shade. It's a bright tomato red that also looks so pretty as a stain because it doesn't oxidise and turn into a darker shade. And it's only 1£.

My nail polish matched my bright lippie and Depend 036 stayed on my nails for most of the month. Though, currently they're mint.


I got The Body Shop Vineyard Peach body butter in Gradz a month ago. It's been on my wishlist forever and holly cow does it smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Just like ripe peaches. My new favourite ever body butter.


I've done the whole hair oils series this month and these are the two treatments I'm using the most - Macadamia Natural oil and Kerastase Elixir Ultime.
I'm not to fond of the Macadamia's scent,  but I do like the results it gives. It won't replace my Orofluido, though. In fact, I just ordered a new 100 ml bottle.
I didn't expect for Elixir Ultime to grow on me as much as it did. It's too light for my hair, but for some reason I reach for it a lot. Partly, because of the gorgeous scent, but mostly because it's really light and it feels like nothing is on my hair, so I use it to tame the annoying frizz in the morning. Of course when my ends are dry, I still reach for Alverde Mandel Argan oil.

That little boring bottle in the middle is my Refan version of Roberto Cavalli eau de parfum. I got it for Christmas and I've worn it loads this month. It's a very heavy and strong oriental-floral fragrance. Notes are: orange blossom, benzoin, vanilla, pink pepper and tonka bean. And yes it does smell just like the original, I checked side by side. I should point out, it's only available in Croatian Refan.


I got Real Techniques brushes in December and a day has not passed that I wouldn't use them. These are seriously fantastic. So soft, dense and perfect sizes. My set includes the Core collection, Expert brush and Stippling brush. I multi-task all of them as I don't like to use one brush just for one thing. I got them from iHerb (they don't except Paypal, but you can pay with Visa Electron) and from HqHair (offers free shipping).

I just repurchased Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof. I've gone through a few tubes already. It's not my all-time favourite, but it is my favourite drugstore waterproof mascara available in our drugstores. (as if we have any selection of waterproof mascaras for a reasonable price at all *sigh*.).
The packaging is absolutely hideous, though.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment