Monday, October 28, 2013

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap

African Black Soap has supposedly been used for centuries to treat eczema, blemishes, psoriasis ans oily skin. I don't really suffer from any of those "ailments", but there is a little hype behind this soap and since it's really affordable, I decided to get one for myself and use it as a morning face wash.

It looks like a regular bar soap, but bigger, black and with bits of oats. The scent is fantastic - it smells like fruity bubble gum.  It is the creamiest bar soap I've ever tried, lathers so well and forms a thick, velvety and soft foam that feels so good to massage into the skin. And it's all rainbows and unicorns until you need to wash it off. Then that awful squeaky clean feeling appears - my pet peeve. Also, if the tiniest drop of soap gets in the eye, it hurts like a *insert bad word here*. Though it's black, the foam is not that dark and washes off completely with no residue. Surprisingly, my skin doesn't scream for a moisturiser afterwards. Actually it feels quite comfortable and I had no dry patches since I started using it (Dove sensitive soap caused dry patches with one use). As I said, my skin isn't acne prone, it's more combination dry, but I do get an occasional spot. This soap didn't help prevent any new spots nor treat them or help the skin heal faster. In short, it's just an average non-drying cleanser with no special bonus advantages. Its makeup removing abilities are also limited.


It's a nice bar soap, but maybe more suited as a body wash, mostly because of the eye hurting part. It's not drying, smells great and is quite cheap for a big bar of soap. It's nothing revolutionary, but still worth trying out. I got mine on iHerb for 2.5 € (141 g).

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment