Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bourjois 10 Days in the Shade 25


I've searched for the perfect coral nail polish for a long time. There have been plenty of missed purchases because most corals look bright orange on me. Originally, I was planning to get Essie's Cute as a Button, but I was informed by a fellow blogger Sanja from Sparkle with Laughter that Bourjois 10 days in 25 is a pretty good dupe and cheaper. I compared the bottles is the shop and they did look very, very close. 

The colour is essentially perfect - a proper coral, not too orange nor too pink, but sitting comfortably in the middle. Needless to say I'm in love with the shade and it's become one of my favourite colours ever.  I have already worn it three times in a row. 

However, much is left to be desired when it comes to the formula and the brush. I can't really point out what is so wrong with the formula, but it just doesn't work as well as the others. I'm being vague I know, but once I felt it was too liquidy, then on other occasion too glupy and thick. I'm just not a fan of it. It needs two coats for full coverage

I honesty don't know what they hoped to achieve with the design of the brush. It doesn't makes it easier nor better, in fact can only apply it turned one way on my left hand and the other way on the right hand. Basically just a nuisance. 

I love the colour, but the formula and the brush almost ruin this polish for me. I'm actually considering getting Essie Cute as a Button as well, just because I've had much better experience with Essie polishes. If only they weren't so expensive. Anyway, Seche Vite top coat fixes a lot of problems of any nail polish. Bourjois 10 Days polishes cost about 6-7€.
My Seche Vite is getting old and consequently becoming thicker. I needed something quick that I can use until I find a decently priced Seche Vite and I just grabbed the Essence Studio nails better than gel nails one, not giving it much though. Basically, I hate it with passion. I don't recall ever hating a product so much, I just want to toss it out the window. Lets start with the first problem:
1. It takes eons to dry. I swear civilisations have collapsed in the time it took to finally become dry.
2. Bubbles. Never, ever have I had bubbles forming on a nail polish. Until now. Brilliant.
3. On top of the bubbles, despite painting my nails hours before going to bed, I acquired a "lovely" sheet print on my nails. Needless to say I had to take it off in the morning and repaint my nails (using what Seche Vite I have left), which is really annoying.
I'm sorry essence, I love your nail polishes, but this is an utter disappointment. I liked the top coat from the regular line.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment