Sunday, May 5, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Permanent Taupe

I never really planned to get any of these Color Tattoos, mainly because I have too many eyeshadows and I rarely wear any apart from Nyx's black as a liner and a matte skin colour as an all-over wash. However, as soon as I swatched this colour, I was taken aback by it's beauty. I have a thing for taupe eyeshadows, because I find they work great with my eye and skin colour. It's a grey-brown shade, actually an equal mix of the two and such shades bring out the blue in my eyes. It's a matte shade, which makes me love it even more and I've been wearing it a lot since I got it.

I was very impressed by the staying power. When I swatched them in the shop, they didn't budge after they dried and I couldn't wipe them off, I had to use water and soap. My lids are dry-ish and this lasts very well on me. I didn't actually ever pay attention to how many hours it lasts, but it survives at least 8 hours. Towards the end of the day, it fades a lot, but there is still some colour left close to my lash line where I apply most of the colour. 
I don't need to use a lot and it is quite pigmented, but I have to layer it to get the desired intensity. It blends nicely, I like to apply it with fingers, it's quick, easy and gets the job done. These are great for a quick eye makeup when you're in a hurry.
Compared to Essence Stay All Day and Catrice Made to Stay, I find the texture similar to Catrice's, but the Maybelline's one feel like they have more (or better) silicones in it. I would like to commend Maybelline for creating a matte shade, I hope Catrice and Essence will follow in their footsteps. 
I read somewhere that it is a good contouring colour, but I find it way too grey and cool, it will make you look like a corpse rather than a babe with awesome cheekbones. 

This shade makes a great base for eyeshadows and I like using it with Catrice Starlight Expresso (a gray-taupe shade). It is one of my favourite shades and I use it to do makeup very similar to this one - click, just adjusted to my eye shape. It's my version of a simple daytime smokey eye. It works well as a base with other darker colours, such as Smog from the Naked palette.
I paid 4.95€ for it, which is a reasonable price for such a good eyeshadow. I believe there are 8 shades available here, most are shimmery and I'm not really drawn to the colours. I like On and on Bronze, but I find Copy Right by Essence too similar to have two. Two Slovene bloggers swatched other shades available in Slovenia: Passing Fancy and The Puzzle of Sandra's Life.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment