Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bourjois Rouge Edition 11 Fraise Remix


I got home with not just one, but two amazing lipsticks (essence being the other one) the last time I was in Müller. I was surprised to find that Bourjois completely revamped their lipsticks and I haven't seen a single piece of news about it anywhere online. Instead of their old lines there is a new one called Rouge Edition and I must say it is the prettiest drugstore selection of shades. You can see swatches of all the shades made by British Beauty Blogger here. There are 18 shades in total, but I think there were only around 14-15 available here. 


My eye went immediately to the shade number 11 Fraise Remix, which is exactly the shade I've been looking for for about a year now. Most corals turn orange on me because I'm so pale (NC15, HM 51), but this one is the perfect mix of red and orange with pink. This is the colour I wanted Maybelline's Coral Pop to be. It is very pigmented, creamy and soft, probably one of the best formulas in drugstore lipsticks. It doesn't dry out my lips, nor does it settle in lines. The lasting power is amazing. It was still strong after 6 hours that is including drinking and eating which it survived with minimal fading. It fades evenly and even leaves a nice stain.

The price, though, is really high for a drugstore lipstick. It retails for 10.95 € in Müller which is definitely not cheap (even their foundations are 14€!), but it is great quality that I believe can match with some high end brands. 


11 Fraise Remix is a gorgeous coral shade, but do keep in mind that if you are darker than me, chances are it will be a lot lighter and probably pinker on you.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment